Growing Room takes place on the traditional, unceded, and ancestral territory of the Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh, and Squamish peoples. Confirmed venues for the 2019 festival include:
Red Gate Revue Stage
1601 Johnston Street (Granville Island), Vancouver
The Annex Theatre
823 Seymour Street, Vancouver
24 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver
The Native Education College
237 East 5th Avenue, Vancouver
229 E Georgia Street, Vancouver
The Fox Cabaret
2321 Main Street, Vancouver
Cafe Deux Soleils
2096 Commercial Drive, Vancouver
All venues are easily accessible by transit. Information on bus routes and schedules can be found at translink.ca.
Free parking is available in the parking lot at the Native Education College, while there is a paid parking lot on 6th and Main near the Fox Cabaret. Street parking is available on any of the numbered streets west of Ontario Street after 4pm on weekdays and on weekends.
Paid and free parking is available around Granville Island, near the Red Gate Revue Stage.
Paid parking is available near the Annex Theatre.
All venues at Growing Room are on the ground floor or accessible by elevator. Washrooms are available on the same floors as the events.
Detailed accessibility information for the Annex Theatre can be found here.
Red Gate Revue Stage:
The theatre, bathrooms and lobby are all easily accessible, there are no steps or ramps at any place in the venue. Wheelchair seating is in the front row of the theatre, right inside the doors. (Source: TheatreWire)
Parking can be found anywhere on Granville Island.
Native Education College:
- Classroom doors: 36″ wide but 34″ when open. Doorknobs: 40″ high.
- Washrooms are gendered but there is one gender neutral, single-use accessible washroom.
- Accessible washroom:
- Entrance: 34″ wide, swinging inward, horizontal handle is 40″ high
- Total dimensions: 69″x87″.
- Sink height: 34″
- Distance from toilet to wall: 10″ on left, 43″ on right.
- Toilet height: 18″
- Round metal railing is 33″ high, approx. 18″ from toilet on a diagonal
Parking is available behind the Native Education College, and on the street.
- Front entrance doors: 36″ wide, 32.5″ wide while open (clearance)
- There is one single-use gender-neutral washroom:
- Doorway leading to washroom is 36″ wide, 33.5″ clearance
- Washroom door is 36″ wide, 33.5″ clearance
- Toilet height: 15″
- Sink height: 34″
- Railing: 33″
Paid street parking is available, but limited.
24 West 4th Ground Floor/The Boardroom:
Note: volunteers will be available to assist with doors.
- Front door to building: Double doors 35″ wide each, swing inward. Vertical bar handles. Note: front doors at 3″ off ground. A ramp is available.
- 2nd Door (into foyer): Double doors 35″ wide each, swing inward. Door handle height 39″
- 3rd Door (into hallway): 34.5″ wide, swings outward. Door handle height 39″. Note: there is a 3″ high step once through the 3rd door into the hallway. An alternate route through the building without the step is available.
- 4th Door (into boardroom): 34″ wide, swings inward. Door handle height 39″
Ground floor washroom is non-gendered.
- Washroom door 34.5″ wide, swings inward. Handle height 39″
- Washroom dimensions: 60″ wide x 90″ long
- Distance between toilet and wall: 31″
- Toilet height: 17″
- Sink height: 37″
Free and paid street parking is available in front of the venue. There is usually good parking availability on weekends and evenings.
ASL interpretation is available at all events at Growing Room by request. The schedule will be available in early January 2019 and tickets will go on sale February 1, 2019. The deadline for ASL requests is February 15, 2019.
Please email Yilin Wang at email@example.com for ASL requests.
Help us keep Growing Room a scent-reduced space by skipping the perfume, scented shampoo, or other products during the festival.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ALCOHOL
Please note that drugs and alcohol are not permitted on the premises of the Native Education College. Failure to respect the wishes of the venue may result in you being asked to leave your event.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be available for sale during all events at the Red Gate Revue Stage and the Fox Cabaret.
Some information is incomplete. Full accessibility information will be available before ticket sales go live on February 1, 2019.